Tuesday 23 October 2012

Busy But Happy and a Ta-Da

I thought that life would slow down once the kids were in school, but whew, I have been even busier! It's good busy though. Not stressful busy. I've been doing more of what I want and when I want (mostly) but since I have a lot that I want to do, it's hard fitting it all in.  Every night for the past week, I have wanted to write a new post here, but one thing or another got in the way. I've told the hubby he has to give up the laptop tonight so I can very quickly fill you in on all of the fun things I have been up to. My apologies for this being a bit rushed!



I went to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace the other week and had a lovely time drooling over beautiful fabrics, yarns, buttons, and more. I could have bought something from nearly every stall. It was hard not to spend too much time at all of the stalls, but we managed to see all of them. We made it back to our coach just in time! I will be back next year for sure.



 
 
 
Two days later, I was in a cosy pub in Cambridge called The First and Last, where I was attending my first Clandestine Cake Club event put on by Miss Sue Flay of Secluded Tea Parties.  I was surrounded by 30 or so women (and one man) who had all baked and brought cakes to share. We sampled our fair share of cakes then all settled down to watch the Great British Bakeoff Final. A photographer was even there to photo us with our cakes! It was a fabulous evening and my husband was delighted with the cake selection that I brought home.


There were 22 cakes!!

My Hummingbird Cake

 
Us ladies posing with our cakes
 
 
 
Now for my Ta-Da! If I haven't busy enough, I have been spending most evenings with my crochet hook and yarn working on my granny square blanket.  It has taken me since July to finish this baby and I am so very proud of it.  I love the bright colours and weight of it. There isn't much I don't love about it. It's just perfect for me.

Sorry, you'll have to let me indulge myself with several photos.




 

 
 
Even my babies like it.
 
 
And finally, we even managed to have a nice little Autumnal family walk.




My mother comes to visit in a few days and I am beyond excited! I know she can't wait to pinch these kiddie's cheeks, but am thrilled to have my mommy around. We have lots planned so I don't expect to be posting much.  I am currently working on a mile long crochet project list, so I might pop in with a few photos of them.

Here's a little preview of one of my crochet projects:

 
 
 
Now I must go snuggle up under my granny blanket and work on a pretty cowl for my cousin. Night night.
 
x

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your Granny blanket, it looks so cosy!!!

    Lovely to meet C yesterday xx

    ReplyDelete